Select Page

Qualified in the UK

You are applying via this route if you hold:

A prescribed UK Part 1, and
A prescribed UK Part 2, and
A prescribed UK Part 3 qualification

Or, you have sat  and passed the Prescribed Examination at  Part 1 and/or Part 2 level and completed a prescribed UK Part 3 qualification.

Prescribed qualifications

All prescribed qualifications directly recognised for Registration purposes can be found here.

Visit our Online Portal

You can apply for registration using our online portal.

Documents you will need to have to hand

It is essential that you provide these documents. Failure to provide any of them will delay the application process and in some instances applications will be returned and the application fee will be applied.

Proof of ID and nationality

You are required to provide proof of identity and nationality. You will need the following:
  • an uploadable copy of your passport, or
  • national identity card or biometric residence permit, or UK certificate of naturalisation, or birth/adoption certificate or UK Driving Licence.

Evidence of qualification (Degree, diploma, certificate)

Details of your UK Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 qualifications, including which school of architecture awarded each qualification, when the qualification was awarded, the formal title of the qualification and uploadable evidence of its award (certificate, diploma etc.).   If you have passed ARB’s Prescribed Examination or have been assessed under previous arrangements, please let us have a copy of the letter confirming the result.

What if I passed my Part 3 more than two years ago?

If you obtained your Part 3 qualification over two years ago, your application will be reviewed by ARB’s Competency Standards Group. This review is necessary under Rule 19 of the ARB’s General Rules, and requires you to demonstrate your competence to practise when registering. Your application will not be reviewed if it is made within two years of completing your Part 3 qualification. However, where your Part 3 qualification falls outside this period, the Board requires an additional assurance of competence.

You will need to provide additional information and evidence for this purpose (i.e. references, evidence of continuing professional development, detailed curriculum vitae, and a statement for admission). This information will then be reviewed by the Competency Standards Group, who are all architects, before making a recommendation to the Registrar. Guidance on the process can be found here. If the information you provide in the first instance is not sufficient to satisfy the Group, we may need to ask you to provide further information before we are able to take your application forward.

Card for Payment

To submit your online application you must pay all relevant fees online via WorldPay (ARB’s online payments agent) using a credit or debit card. We accept MasterCard, Debit MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Maestro, and JCB.

Note: You need not complete your application form in one sitting. As you progress through each step, the information you provide will be saved automatically so you can log out of the portal and log in again later to continue working on your application. Your application will only be submitted to us once you have completed it in full and your payment transaction has been completed.