December Agenda: 09/12/2019
1. Apologies for Absence
No apologies have been received.
2. Members’ Interests
To note the Register of Member’s interests and to hear any declarations of potential conflicts of interest for the items below.
3. Update from the Chair
5. Matters Arising Report
To note the update report on actions agreed from previous meetings.
MATTERS FOR DECISION
6. Prescribed Exam Review
i. presentation from Rob Jones, Head of Registration.
ii. to consider changes to the Procedures for the Prescribed Examination following the business as usual review before going out to consultation.
7. Consultation on the General Rules (Temporary Appointment of Chair/Other General Updates)
To consider and agree draft rules for public consultation which:
- set out the position should the Board need to appoint a temporary chair;
- other general adjustments to ensure that the rules facilitate the smooth operation of the Board’s work; and
- in the event they are needed, align the rules with the No Deal legislation that would come into effect after the UK has exited from the EU.
8. Scope for a Review of ARB’s Approach to Prescribing Qualifications
To consider and approve the scope for a review of ARB’s approach to prescribing qualifications.
ITEMS FOR NOTE
9. Operational Activities Report
To note a report from the ARB team on matters relating to the running of the Board’s business.
10. Annual Report from the ARB Investment Broker
To note the annual report from the ARB investment broker.
12. Professional Conduct Committee Annual Report
To note the Professional Conduct Committee Annual Report, presented by Emma Boothroyd, Professional Conduct Committee Chair.
14. Any Other Business