Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice in Architecture
At its meeting of 12 May 2017, the Board decided that the above qualification should continue to be prescribed until 30 September 2022 under Section 4(1)(a) of the Architects Act 1997 for the purposes of entry onto the United Kingdom Register of Architects.
Prescription of the qualification is subject to the Standard Conditions set out in Section 9.0 of the Board’s Procedures, namely:
- London Metropolitan University’s Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice in Architecture (seven months, part-time)* qualification should be prescribed for the period 30 September 2017 to 30 September 2022.
- Prescription of the qualification shall be by reference to the Programme Specification, submitted with the application of 7 November 2016, for the Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice in Architecture (seven months, part-time)* qualification. No change may be made to the title of any course or qualification or substantial change to the content so defined within that programme specification (allowing for normal course development) without first obtaining the written permission of the Board.
- Annually by 30 April , commencing on 30 April 2018, the Institution will be required to provide the Board with information of the nature set out in Appendix 2 of its Procedures to enable the Board to see that
- all its Criteria and the relevant requirements set out in Article 46 (or Article 47) of the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications Directive [2005/36/EC] are being attained by candidates who have been awarded the qualification prescribed;
- adequate systems are in place to ensure that all the Board’s Criteria will be met by candidates for the period of prescription;
- that the institution’s resources remain as set out in its application and are adequate; and
- all of the factors referred to at paragraphs 6.6 and 6.7 of the Procedures continue to be demonstrated; and
- The Institution will ensure that appropriate procedures will be maintained so that all candidates undertaking a prescribed qualification are fully informed of the extent of the application of that qualification to entitlement to registration as an architect in circumstances in which the candidate lacks a required antecedent qualification, e.g. Part 2 without Part 1.
The Board was confident that:
- All candidates who had been awarded the qualification since the qualification was prescribed or last renewed had met all the ARB Criteria
- The Institution had adequate systems in place to ensure that candidates awarded the qualification met all the Criteria; and
- The Institution should be able to maintain its ability to ensure that all candidates awarded the qualification met all the Criteria.
* At its meeting on 19 May 2021, the Board approved an additional seven months, part-time apprenticeship mode of delivery for the Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice in Architecture qualification.