Master in Engineering with Honours in Architecture and Environmental Design
At its meeting of 12 May 2017, the Board decided that the above qualification should continue to be prescribed for the period from 30 September 2017 until 30 September 2022* under Section 4(1)(a) of the Architects Act 1997 for the purposes of entry onto the United Kingdom Register of Architects.
Prescription is subject to the Standard Conditions set out in the Board’s Procedures, namely:
- The period of prescription shall commence on 30 September 2017 (and expire on 30 September 2022*).
- Prescription of the qualification shall be by reference to the Programme Specification – submitted with the application of 30 November 2016 – for the Master in Engineering with Honours in Architecture and Environmental Design (four years, full-time) qualification. No change may be made to the title of any course or qualification or substantial change to the content so defined within a programme specification (allowing for a normal course development) without first obtaining the written permission of the Board.
- Annually by 30 November** – commencing on 30 November 2017 – the institution is required to provide the Board with information of the nature set out in Appendix 2 of its Procedures to enable the Board to see that i. all its Criteria and the relevant requirements set out in Article 46 (or Article 47) of the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications Directive [2005/36/EC] are being attained by students who have been awarded the qualification prescribed; ii adequate systems are in place to ensure that all the Board’s Criteria will be met by students for the period of prescription; iii. that the institution’s resources remain as set out in its application and are adequate; and iv. all of the factors referred to at paragraphs 6.6 and 6.7 of the Procedures continue to be demonstrated.
- The institution will ensure that appropriate procedures will be maintained so that all students undertaking a prescribed qualification are fully informed of the extent of the application of that qualification to entitlement to registration as an architect in circumstances in which the student lacks a required antecedent qualification, e.g. Part 2 without Part 1.
The Board was confident that:
- All students who had been awarded the qualification since prescription of the qualification was last renewed had met all the Criteria;
- The institution had adequate systems in place to ensure that students awarded the qualification met all the Criteria; and
- The institution should be able to maintain its ability to ensure that all students awarded the qualification meet all the Criteria.
*At its meeting of 19 May 2021, the Board agreed to extend prescription until 30 September 2023.
**On 6 June 2022, the Board agreed to amend the annual monitoring date to 31 January each year, effective from 31 January 2023.