The Final Examination in Architectural Practice at ARB Part 3 Level
The Board at its meeting of 14 September 2017 decided that ARCEX Ltd’s The Final Examination in Architectural Practice at ARB Part 3 Level (one year, part time) should be prescribed from 12 February 2018 to 12 February 2022 under section 4(1)(a) of the Architects Act 1997 for the purposes of entry onto the United Kingdom Register of Architects.
Prescription of the qualification is subject to the standard conditions set out in Section 9.0 of the Board’s procedures, namely:
- ARCEX Ltd’s The Final Examination in Architectural Practice at ARB Part 3 Level (one year, part time) should be prescribed for the period between 12 February 2018 and 12 February 2022;
- Prescription of the qualification shall be by reference to the Programme Specification submitted with the application of 21 April 2017, for The Final Examination in Architectural Practice at ARB Part 3 Level (one year; part-time) qualification. No change may be made to the title of any course or qualification or substantial change to the content so defined within that Programme Specification (allowing for normal course development) without first obtaining the written permission of the Board;
- Annually by 31 January each year, commencing on 31 January 2018 the institution will be required to provide the Board with information of the nature set out in Appendix 2 in its procedures to enable the Board to see that a. all its criteria and the relevant requirements set out in Article 46 of the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications Directive [2005/36/EC] are being attained by students who have been awarded the qualification prescribed; b. adequate systems are in place to ensure that all the Board’s criteria will be met by students for the period of prescription; c. that the institution’s resources remain as set out in its application and are adequate; and d. that any conditions of prescription continue to be met.
- The institution will ensure that appropriate procedures will be maintained so that all students/candidates undertaking a prescribed qualification are fully informed of the extent of the application of that qualification to entitlement to registration as an architect in circumstances in which the student/candidate lacks a required antecedent qualification e.g. Part 2 without Part 1.
The Board considered that there was sufficient evidence submitted by the institution and supplemented by the institution’s additional explanations to enable it to be confident that:
- all candidates who had been awarded the qualification since the prescription of the qualification was last renewed had met all the ARB criteria;
- the institution had adequate systems in place to ensure that candidates awarded the qualification met all the criteria; and
- the institution should be able to maintain its ability to ensure that all candidates awarded the qualification met all the criteria.