BSc (Hons) Architecture
On 5 March 2020, the Board decided that the BSc (Hons) Architecture (3 years full-time, 4 years with placement) awarded by Coventry University should continue to be prescribed until 25 November 2023 under Section 4(1)(a) of the Architects Act 1997 for the purposes of entry on to the United Kingdom Register of Architects.
Prescription of the BSc (Hons) Architecture (3 years full-time, 4 years with placement) awarded by Coventry University is subject to the standard conditions of prescription set out in section 13.1 of the Board’s Procedures, namely:
- Coventry University’s BSc (Hons) Architecture (3 years full-time, 4 years with placement) should be prescribed for the period from 4 May 2020 to 25 November 2023;
- Prescription of the qualification shall be by reference to the Programme Specification, submitted with the application of 28 June 2019, for the BSc (Hons) Architecture (3 years full-time, 4 years with placement). No change may be made to the title of any course or qualification or substantial change to the content so defined within that Programme Specification (allowing for normal course development) without first obtaining the written permission of the Board;
- Annually by 31 January each year, commencing on 31 January 2021, the institution will be required to provide the Board with information of the nature set out in Appendix 2 of its procedures to enable the Board to see that:
- all its Criteria and the relevant requirements set out in Article 46 (or Article 47) of the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications Directive [2005/36/EC] are being attained by students who have been awarded the qualification prescribed;
- adequate systems are in place to ensure that all the Board’s Criteria will be met by students for the period of prescription;
- iii. that the institution’s resources remain as set out in its application and are adequate; and
- all of the factors referred to at paragraphs 10.2 and 10.3 of the procedures continue to be demonstrated; and
- The institution will ensure that appropriate procedures will be maintained so that all students undertaking a prescribed qualification are fully informed of the extent of the application of that qualification to entitlement to registration as an architect in circumstances in which the student lacks a required antecedent qualification e.g. Part 2 without Part 1.
- Following each and every set of examinations, the institution shall be required to submit to the Board its pass lists of graduating cohorts to have received the prescribed award.
The Board considered that there was sufficient evidence (for the original prescription period requested), submitted by the institution and supplemented by the institution’s additional explanations to enable it to be confident that:
- All students who had been awarded the qualification since the prescription of the qualification was last renewed had met all the ARB Criteria;
- The institution had adequate systems in place to ensure that students awarded the qualification met all the Criteria; and
- The institution should be able to maintain its ability to ensure that all students awarded the qualification met all the Criteria.