Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Architecture (Sandwich)
At its meeting of 25 July 2023, the Board decided that the above qualification should continue to be prescribed to 31 December 2028 under Section 4(1)(a) of the Architects Act 1997 for the purposes of entry onto the United Kingdom Register of Architects.
Prescription is subject to the Standard Conditions set out in the Board’s Procedures, namely:
- The University of Hertfordshire’s Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Architecture (three years, full-time); Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Architecture (Sandwich) (four years, full-time); and Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Architecture with a Year Abroad (four years, full-time) qualifications should be prescribed for the period 30 September 2023 to 31 December 2028.
- Prescription of the qualifications shall be by reference to the Programme Specifications – submitted as part of the application on 22 November 2022 – for the Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Architecture (three years, full-time); Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Architecture (Sandwich) (four years, full-time); and Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Architecture with a Year Abroad (four years, full-time) qualifications. No change may be made to the title of any qualification, or material change to the content so defined within a programme specification (allowing for normal course development) without first obtaining the written permission of the Board.
- Annually by 31 January – commencing on 31 January 2024 – the institution shall be required to provide the Board with information of the nature set out in Appendix 2 of its Procedures to enable the Board to see that:
i. All its Criteria and the relevant requirements set out in Article 46 (or Article 47) of the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications Directive [2005/36/EC] have been attained by all students awarded the prescribed qualifications;
ii. Adequate systems are in place to ensure that all the Board’s Criteria will be met by students for the period of prescription;
iii. The institution’s resources remain as set out in the application and are adequate; and
iv. All of the factors referred to in Sections 10.2 and 10.3 of the Procedures continue to be demonstrated, and any conditions of prescription continue to be met.
- The institution will ensure that appropriate procedures will be maintained so that all students undertaking a prescribed qualification are fully informed of the extent of the application of that qualification to entitlement to registration as an architect in circumstances in which the student lacks a required antecedent qualification, e.g. Part 2 without Part 1.
- Following each and every set of examinations, the institution shall be required to submit to the Board its pass lists of graduating cohorts who have received the prescribed awards.
The Board was confident that:
- All students awarded the qualifications since the qualifications were prescribed or last renewed have met all the Criteria;
- The systems used by the institution to ensure that all students awarded the qualifications have met all the Criteria are adequate, and will continue to ensure that the Criteria are met for the future period of prescription; and
- The institution’s plans and commitment are such that the institution will maintain its ability to ensure that all students awarded the qualifications meet all the Criteria.