BA (Hons) Architecture
Prescribed until 31 May 2025
The Board, at its meeting of 11 September 2019 decided that the above qualification should continue to be prescribed until 31 May 2025 under section 4(1)(a) of the Architects Act 1997 for the purposes of entry onto the United Kingdom Register of Architects.
The renewal of prescription is subject to the standard conditions set out in Section 2.11 of the Board’s procedures, namely:
- University of the Arts London/Central Saint Martins BA (Hons) Architecture should be prescribed for the period between 31 May 2020 to 31 May 2025;
- Prescription of the qualification shall be by reference to the Programme Specification, submitted with the application of 31 May 2019, for the University of the Arts London/Central Saint Martins BA (Hons) Architecture. No change may be made to the title of any course or qualification or substantial change to the content so defined within that programme specification (allowing for normal course development) without first obtaining the written permission of the Board;
- Annually by 13 December each year, commencing on 13 December 2020, the institution will be required to provide the Board with information of the nature set out in Appendix 2 of its procedures to enable the Board to see that i. all its criteria and the relevant requirements set out in Article 46 (or Article 47) of the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications Directive [2005/36/EC] are being attained by students/candidates who have been awarded the qualification prescribed; ii. adequate systems are in place to ensure that all the Board’s criteria will be met by students/candidates for the period of prescription; iii. that the institution’s resources remain as set out in its application and are adequate; and iv. all of the factors referred to at paragraphs 6.6 and 6.7 of the procedures continue to be demonstrated; and
- The institution will ensure that appropriate procedures will be maintained so that all students undertaking a prescribed qualification are fully informed of the extent of the application of that qualification to entitlement to registration as an architect in circumstances in which the student/candidate lacks a required antecedent qualification e.g. Part 2 without Part 1.
The Board can be confident that:
- all students who had been awarded the qualification since the prescription of the qualification was granted had met all the ARB criteria;
- The institution had adequate systems in place to ensure that students awarded the qualification met all the criteria; and
- The institution should be able to maintain its ability to ensure that all students awarded the qualification met all the criteria.