1. Who can complete the Call for Evidence?
The Call for Evidence is open to anyone.
2. When does the Call for Evidence close?
On the 23 October 2020 at 12pm.
3. What is the Competence Review?
Visit our dedicated webpage for further information: Competence Review
4. Is the Call for Evidence the only research you are doing to inform the Competence Review?
No, it is part of a wider programme of research which also includes:
- A survey sent to all UK architects
- A survey of employers of UK architects
- Qualitative interviews with a sample of staff and students from Schools of Architecture
- Consultations with other stakeholders such as relevant professional groups, client groups and insurers
- Workshops to test findings of the research
5. As an architect, if I respond to the Call for Evidence, do I have to respond to the survey you have sent me via email?
The research will be greatly enhanced if you complete the survey before responding to the Call for Evidence. This is because your survey response will enable us to ensure the survey findings are representative of the profession. Please do complete the Call for Evidence if you have other information to share with us that wasn’t covered by the survey.
It should only take about 15 minutes to complete the survey. The survey provides a link straight through to the Call for Evidence to help you provide further details at that stage.
6. As a non-architect, if I respond to the Call for Evidence, will I still be considered in the sampling for the broader research?
Yes. The Call for Evidence seeks slightly different information from that which we are exploring through the other parts of the research programme (see Question 4) and we have a range of sources to draw on to ensure the employer survey and interviews with Schools are as representative as possible.
7. Why do you ask for contact details if I have indicated I am willing to take part in other research?
We may use responses to this question as a sample source for the consultations with other stakeholders as well as the workshops (see Question 4). We are not reliant on this to conduct that research, but the Call for Evidence may reveal interested parties which we would otherwise not be aware of.
We will not use the Call for Evidence as a sample source for the employer survey or interviews with Schools. All UK architects will be sent the profession survey using the contact details we already hold for them.
8. What will the information I provide be used for?
The evidence you provide will be analysed alongside other responses we receive to explore recurring themes and innovative ideas that will inform the Competence Review.
9. Can I share the link with other people?
Yes, you can share the link with anyone you think may be interested.
10. Can I complete the Call for Evidence offline?
No, so we can manage the volume of responses we ask you to complete this online.
11. I have a piece of evidence you should be aware of, but can’t attach it to the Call for Evidence response. How else can I send it to you?
Please email your evidence to us at email@example.com. Please provide your name so we can match your email to your Call for Evidence response, and explain how the evidence you have emailed supports your Call for Evidence response.
12. Is my response to the Call for Evidence confidential?
We may publish the content of your response so it is available to the public, but we will do so without featuring your name.
We will not share named data from the Call for Evidence with any third parties unless we are obliged to do so under access to information law. If you want your response kept confidential, you are given the opportunity to state what information you would like to be kept confidential and why. This is to help us balance these obligations for disclosure against any obligation of confidentiality. If we receive a request for the information that you have provided in your response, we will take full account of your reasons for requesting confidentiality of your response but cannot guarantee that confidentiality can be maintained in all circumstances.
13. Who can I contact if I have any other questions?
If you have questions about the Call for Evidence or the Competence Review, please email firstname.lastname@example.org