The Architects Act 1997
Please note, that due to changes required by the implementation of the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications Directive (2005/36/EC), the Architects Act 1997 has been amended significantly. Please click here to see the amendments.
ARB is currently in discussions with the Department of Communities and Local Government to enable a consolidated version of the Act to be made publicly available. In the meantime, you can access an unofficial version of the consolidated Act here .
Crown copyright 1997 with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office
The Registrar and the Register
- Registration: general.
- Registration: EEA qualifications.
- Registration: further procedural requirements.
- Penalty for obtaining registration by false representation
Removal from Register etc.
- Retention of name in Register
- Competence to practise.
- Disqualification in an EEA State
- Failure to notify change of address.
List of visiting EEA architects