- Where a penalty order is made in relation to a registered person, he shall pay to the Board the sum specified in the order.
A penalty order may not specify a sum exceeding the amount which, at the relevant time, is the amount specified as level 4 on the standard scale of fines for summary offences
In this subsection "the relevant time" means-
- in a case within subsection (1)(a) of section 15, the time of the conduct or incompetence of which the registered person is found guilty; and
- in a case within subsection (1)(b) of that section, the time when he committed the criminal offence of which he has been convicted.
- A penalty order shall specify the period within which the sum specified in it is to be paid
- If the person in relation to whom a penalty order is made does not pay the sum specified in the order within the period so specified, the Professional Conduct Committee may make a suspension order or an erasure order in relation to him.
- The Board shall pay into the Consolidated Fund any sum paid under a penalty order